Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Introduction

My name is Audra Coley and I am an 18 year old Caucasian female. I have always been known to be outspoken and humorous. During my whole life I have lived in Birmingham with both my mother and father along with my younger brother Chad of age 15. I consider my family as part of the middle-working class. My mother is a nurse at UAB and my father is a painter.
I do consider myself a very religious person. I am a Christian and have been one my whole life. Although I do not attend church anymore (no particular reason) I still consider myself a Christian and a firm believer. When it comes to my sexuality, I am straight. I do not consider myself a homophobic, but I do consider myself close-minded to the thought of having a relationship with the same sex. I love to listen to music, mainly country, rap, and R&B (weird combination). Although I am a Christian and I am striaght and believe in the things that I do, I also find it very interesting to hear opinions of others as well. I do think that everyone has a right to their own opinion and I don't mind to hear it.
Going through life seeing my parent's marriage fall apart, I always promised myself I would never let myself get to that point in my life. My mother has always been a strong woman and I respect her for everything she has done for me. My father has never really been dependable or present in my life, but for the times that he has been there, he constantly wanted me to follow the views and beliefs he was brought up knowing. I am currently in an interracial relationship that my father does not know about. I have been with this person for four years now and I have learned to keep it a secret from my father. My father has always been racist so I have learned to keep certain subjects from him. I used to consider myself close-minded, simply because that was the way I was brought up from my father, but growing up in the world that I live in now, it seems that the things that were unheard of then are accpetable now, and I do wish that people in this world could be more open-minded.
These are just a few details about my life that I do consider important to me. I do love my family very much and love my life that I have now. I do consider myself a strong-willed and determined person. I believe that the choices that I make in my life are for a purpose and I do not regret the choices that I have made for myself. Overall, I do love my life and the people in it. I consider myself a very fun and outgoing person. I love to be around other people and also learn different opinions and beliefs others have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment